10 May 2012

"Where's Your Shame, Woman?"

I am spitting mad right now. Like, livid.


I could . . . oh, I don't know what I'm even capable of doing at this moment. "Wherever women are taking over, evil reigns."

It's a good thing I feel so under-the-weather that I'm barely capable of moving my fingers to type right now, otherwise . . . oh, boy.

Women are incapable of handling power. Women are incapable of making decisions.

I can't even make a legible response without reverting to extreme threats of violence and so forth. (I wonder what the Reverend would have to say about that . . . )

Lovely, just lovely.

Some people are gross.

Ashley

5 comments:

Linda said...

Ashley--may I suggest that if you are going to post this, you might ask readers to follow it up by listening to the "Dirty Filthy Soul" song you posted on April 20th. It's the only thing that could help us feel better after watching this jerk.
Love ya,
Mom

Linda said...

oops, the name of the song is "Guilty Filthy Soul"

Cody said...

I'm just going to point out. He's not violating Matthew 5:22 (see JST footnote.)

Just because he doesn't see the truth the same way that you do, doesn't mean he is wrong. I don't know about you, but if God was angry with me for every piece of truth that I didn't understand... well, I'm glad he isn't. Best I can tell, he is right about a good many things and wrong about a few.

His conceptualization of a woman is partly because of his inherited world-view of the trinity, and a false doctrine of the fall. Satan has woven little falsehoods into his faith. That being said, I don't think that his view of women is any less valid than the other side which states that men and women are fundamentally the same and there is no meaningful difference.

He understands that there is a difference, he just doesn't have any thing to conceptualize co-equal with.

Ashley Schaffer said...

Just because somebody can say something and back it up with scripture doesn't mean they have a valid point. At all.

He's free to think I'm incapable of everything except making babies. I'm free to think he's full of shit. And I don't really care why he thinks like he does, I just care that people know that things like this are still being said. And the view that women are less than men is inherently more dangerous (and more wrong) than the view that there is no meaningful difference between the sexes.

And, you know, I'm not sure I have anything to conceptualize co-equal with. It still sounds faulty to me.

Cody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment