16 November 2011

Music Wednesday!

Posting has been sparse lately because I'm in the thought stages of a mega-post. A really good one. It's taking awhile, but we'll get there.

On a random side note, I spent yesterday afternoon (when there were any number of things I should have been doing) watching WW2 documentaries with my grandfather. 'Twas awesome. :)

On to the music!


Rihanna - 'Breakin' Dishes'


I will freely admit to having been a Rihanna fan for, like, five years now. I know the words. I sing along. All that. She's just about my only foray into the R&B-pop world, just like Eminem is the only rap worth spending time with. And that preposition hanging there is really bothering me, but I don't want to re-word.

Here's another one, just for fun.


Rihanna - 'Rehab'



Lily Allen - 'Never Gonna Happen'


Sorry. I really couldn't help myself. It's the accordion. I'm got a weakness for accordions in popular music. * Sigh *

Illustration:

Edward Maya - 'Stereo Love'


This used to come on all the time while I was driving, and I'd have to make this awkward little squealing sound and hum along with the accordion part in the chorus. It drove Tall One nuts.

Moving to real music now, after that little dip in auto-tune madness.



Maroon 5 - 'This Love'


Tall One and I can never come to agreement on whether this is a breakup song, a let's-get-back-together song, a I'm-not-letting-you-break-up-with-me-again song, or just one very confused man.

I'm disappointed with Maroon 5's recent work. 'Never Gonna Leave this Bed'? Come on. Talk about a recipe for muscle deterioration and all sorts of icky boils or something. Ug. And then 'Moves Like Jagger'? Ew. Just ew. It's some kind of horrible sell out. I refuse to believe it's true.


The Beatles - 'I Want to Hold Your Hand'


 The Beatles do things that one one else can.


Snow Patrol - 'Set the Fire to the Third Bar'



This song gets majorly stuck in my head. Watch the music video. It's nice. Very artsy.

Only about half of Snow Patrol's stuff is worth listening to. The other half is cliche and boring.

And on that note (hehe), I've got to get to class.

Love always,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment