13 July 2011

Music Wednesday

I've never seen a Music Wednesday before. I've seen Music Mondays, Music Tuesdays, Music Tuesdays on Thursday, and Music Fridays. But never Music Wednesday.

Perhaps I'm just sheltered.

I'm sure that's it.

Anywho... I did say that I'd talk about music. So here I am, honoring my commitments.

Do I get a cookie?

------------------------------------------------------------

The Goo Goo Dolls -- 'Real'


I'm sure I'll end up talking about The Goo Goo Dolls again sooner or later, because they are awesome. This song has really been getting stuck in my head lately. My favorite part?

I need
To feel you there
I want to know
Where I belong
And I felt the sting
The sting of corrosion
I need a safe place
To close my eyes

Can you feel
Real like you are?
Can you feel alive?
The way I feel your light
And the biggest chance
That we can take
Is so often wide awake
Hold me now
So we can feel alive


---------------

The Fray -- 'Little House'


Yes, the lyrics are depressing. Forget the lyrics for now. The song is intense.

The piano parts of this song make me very happy. Especially measures 29-32 (that's 1:26-1:37 of this video here, for those of you not currently looking at the sheet music and who don't feeling like counting it out in your heads--it gets tricky telling where the repeats kick in).

Other than that my favorite part of the song is measures 9-14 (0:23-0:38), where it transitions from piano to the heavier stuff for the first time. 'Tis very groovy.

---------------

Lily Allen -- 'Womanizer'


This is Lily Allen's cover of the gross Brittney Spears song. You wouldn't think it was possible, but she makes it cool. And entirely less slutty; more of an expose than a come-on. It has an edge.

---------------

Love song of the day:
Nine Days -- 'If I Am'



That's all for now!

Love always,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment