24 May 2011

Don't Stop Me Now...

I have an announcement to make.

You ready?

Alright.

As of today, this blog is transitioning from a pointless side venture to an exploration. An exploration of existence as I see it now, and an exploration of the way my view changes as I learn more.

The original thought process behind Such a Time as This was just such a journey. It's taken me six months to get to a point where I was ready to begin, but I'm here now.

Because of this change, several other changes are commencing as well. Such a Time as This will no longer automatically post to Google Buzz. You want to read it, that's your prerogative. 'Follow', add the link to your favorites, jot it down on a post-it note, that kind of thing.  I'm not going to spam anybody with this exploration of mine.

Also, I've added a disclaimer to the blog. Please read it. Right now, before you go any further in even this paragraph. Keep in mind that I'm known for being a little unorthodox (religiously, politically, socially, morally, whatever), and that that is not going to change in the future. I'm gonna say what I'm gonna say, and if I think it needs to be said then conventions be damned. (See? I hope you read the disclaimer.)

I challenge you though, if you're interested in attacking your own views of the world headfirst, to join me in this exploration. Don't be afraid to get it wrong. Anything worth doing is worth doing wrong, just in case you happen to get it right on the way somewhere. Anything worth believing will be left standing once you tear your philosophy apart and reconstruct it. Right?

I'm a no-holds-barred kind of girl. That means that any topic is up for grabs. The serious, the flighty, the deadly, the pointless. And I very well might twist a subject into some kind of backward allegory. I'm going to write about movies and plays and books and pop culture and the 60s. I'm going to write about religion, and I'm not going to mince words. I'm going to write about politics, and I'm going to get a bit obtuse. I'm going to write about music, and I'm going to get carried away. I'm going to write about feminism, and I'm going get passionate. I might go through long periods of silence while my thoughts get sorted out enough to write about. I'm going to be funny, and I'm going to be sad, and I'm going to be infuriating, and I'm going to bring both joy and tears in their turn.

But I'm going to journey. Journey with me?

Love always,
Ashley

P.S.--Feel free to contact me with any topic you want discussed. I might just take a liking to it. :)

2 comments:

Mr. E said...

hmm... not 100% certain what you are talking about. How about that as a topic. What is your goal from writing this blog?

Ashley Schaffer said...

Well, this post is intentionally vague. I'll clear it up a little sometime, of course.

Post a Comment